Time-Limited 8-weeks Rostered Routine Testing (RRT) for workplaces
As more employees return to the workplace from 1 Jan 2022, there could be higher risk of workplace transmission, particularly given the higher transmissibility of the Omicron variant. To ensure early detection and ringfencing of COVID-19 infections, we encourage all firms to implement regular testing for all employees. The Government will therefore conduct a second round of Antigen Rapid Test (ART) kit distribution to workplaces. Similar to the first round of distribution in Sep/Oct 2021, this time-limited 8-weeks RRT exercise is voluntary and will be on an application basis. Application will open from 3 January 2022 through to 31 January 2022. Firms who have applied for and have utilised the test kits from the first round of distribution may still apply for this second round of kits distribution.
Firms with eligible employees (see eligibility criteria below) may apply for 8 ART kits per employee for weekly testing over a two-month period. These tests can be self-administered by the employee either at home, or at the work premises.
[Round 2 of Time-Limited RRT] Eligibility Criteria
- Staff should be fully vaccinated, and not be on any mandatory Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) or Fast and Easy Testing (FET) RRT
- Companies may apply for ART kits for staff who are (i) certified to be medically ineligible (please refer to MOH website for the conditions to be met before one can be certified as medically ineligible), or (ii) unvaccinated and recovered from COVID-19 within 180 days as of 31 Mar 2022).
- Companies should not apply kits for non-fully vaccinated staff, as well as staff on mandatory RRT regime.
- Staff should physically return to office, worksite or any off-site premises at least once a week, for work purposes (i.e. does not work from home full-time). This includes staff on hybrid work arrangements and who will return to office. Staff who are on 100% work from home arrangement would not qualify for the kits.
- Includes full-time and part-time employees, regular vendors/contractors, students on long-term (at least 2 months) placement or internship.
[Round 2 of Time-Limited RRT] Application Details
Firms with employees who meet the eligibility criteria may apply for the ART kits via this link: https://go.gov.sg/round-2-tlrrt-applications.
The application period is from 3 Jan 2022 to 31 Jan 2022. Please note that corporate entity login (Corppass) is required for authentication during submission. Only one application form will be allowed for each company UEN. Any subsequent or duplicate submissions will be automatically rejected and there will be no rejection notifications sent.
Successful applicants will be informed of their delivery up to 10 working days from the time of application. In view of the upcoming Chinese New Year period, please expect a longer processing and delivery lead time for your application as our delivery vendors are taking a scheduled break. Deliveries for applications made after 21 Jan onwards may only be fulfilled after the Chinese New Year period, from second week of February onwards.
Companies are required to commence weekly testing with immediate effect, upon receipt of the ART kits.
Compliance & Results Declaration
Firms that have applied for and received the ART kits are required to have processes in place to ensure that tests are conducted properly every week for all onsite employees, test results are recorded, and appropriate follow-up protocols are adhered to. Firms should retain proof of such processes and test results, and to produce these proof when audited by the government.
Firms are required to submit their ART results declaration at the end of each month’s testing cycle (i.e. twice across the two-month period) to the government. The Government shall have the right to claw back the cost of any test kits should any of the information submitted in the application form or results declaration form are found to be untrue, or if any non-compliance to the testing requirements are found.
For firms who have applied and received the ART kits for the first round of Time-Limited kit distribution in September/October 2021, they should submit the ART results declaration via this link: https://go.gov.sg/time-limited-rrt-art-results-declaration For firms who may have discontinued or deferred testing due to full work-from-home arrangements announced by the Government in end-Sep 2021, they should still submit any test results they had collected (or relevant justification if there are no test results) at the end of each month for the two-months period starting from the date of receipt of kits. Companies are advised to re-commence testing upon return to office and continue submitting results on a monthly basis until testing is complete.
Firms who have applied and received the ART kits for the first round of Time-Limited kit distribution in September/October 2021 may have discontinued or deferred testing due to full work-from-home arrangements announced by the Government in end-Sep 2021. In such cases, firms should still submit any test results they had collected (or relevant justification if there are no test results) at the end of each month for the two-months period starting from the date of receipt of kits. Once WFH is no longer the default, companies are advised to re-commence testing upon return to office and continue submitting results until testing is complete.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please refer to the FAQs (updated on 19 Jan 2022) for more information on application process for Round 2 of Time-Limited RRT, as well as results submission and declaration for Round 1 of Time-Limited RRT.
More information about ART
Learn more about how to perform a self-test using ART:
To note for the BD Veritor Kits issued under Round 1 of Time-Limited RRT:
- The expiry dates of the BD Veritor kits issued by the government have been extended by 6 months. You may refer to this letter for more information.
- An Analyzer is not required; the test results can be read visually as per the self-test instructions above.
For further queries about Time-Limited RRT, please contact:
- Health Promotion Board (HPB) at email@example.com, or 6876 5830 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm; Saturday, 8am to 1pm; closed on Public Holidays). For enquiries regarding delivery, you may send in an enquiry via this form.
- Enterprise Singapore (ESG) at https://go.gov.sg/helloesg or 6898 1800 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm, closed on Public Holidays)