Apply for Change of Company’s Name for HDB Commercial Tenants
Housing & Development Board (HDB)
For Business Users only
This licence is only for business users with a registered Unique Entity Number (UEN).
Apply on HDB
Applicable to HDB commercial tenants who change their company's name and no change in your business constitution including but not limited to:
- Unique Entity Number (UEN) i.e. Business Registration Number,
- Shareholding (where applicable),
- Mode of Business,
- Partnership structure where the Tenant is a partnership or a limited liability partnership and
- Do I need to apply for this licence?
Yes, if you have changed your company name with ACRA.
- What conditions do I need to fulfil?
There shall not be changes in your business constitution including but not limited to:
(a) Unique Entity Number (UEN) i.e. Business Registration Number
(b) Shareholding (where applicable);
(c) Mode of Business
(d) Partnership structure where the Tenant is a partnership or a limited liability partnership; and
- What supporting documents do I need to submit?
An up-to-date copy of the Business Registration Records from the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) reflecting the new name of the existing Tenant will have to be submitted. You may submit it via HDB Feedback Form.
- How soon can my application be processed?
Within 7 days after submission of the supporting documents.
- How much does this licence cost and how long is it valid?
No administrative fee is payable.
- Who can I contact for further details?
HDB Commercial Enquiry Line at 1800-8663073
- What is the application process like?
- Complete an online update form by clicking on the words "UPDATE OF COMPANY NAME" below
- Attach latest business registration record from Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) by scanned document or digital image in pdf or jpg format.
- No payment is required
- What if there is a change in Partners?
A change in partners will result in a change in business setup. Hence, for such cases, you should submit an Application for Changes via GoBusiness Licensing.
- What if we are a private limited company since the commencement of tenancy with HDB and there is a change in shareholders?
A private limited company is a legal entity by itself. A change in shareholders should not result in a change in business setup. Hence, you can use the Update Form however, please notify HDB via our HDB Feedback Form if there is a change to the existing guarantor.