Apply for N2 - Licence to keep or possess for use non-ionising irradiating apparatus
National Environment Agency (NEA)
For Business Users only
This licence is only for business users with a registered Unique Entity Number (UEN).
Apply on GoBusiness Dashboard
- How do I pay for the licence fees?
Only e-Payment (e.g. VISA, MasterCard, and American Express), GIRO payment and Government e-invoicing will be accepted. Fees paid or submitted are non-refundable. For more information regarding payment method, please refer to the NEA webpage on Guidelines for Licence Application.
- How do I change the mailing / billing address or point of contact(s) (e.g. name, contact number and e-mail address) associated with my radiation licences?
Through the "Customer Profile and Worker Management eService" on NEA ePortal, radiation protection licensees, radiation workers and radiation service customers will be able to create, view and update customer profiles (e.g. update contact person details). Organisations or individuals can update the details within their customer profile at any time at no cost. You are strongly encouraged to ensure that customer profile details are kept up-to-date. For more information, please refer to NEA's webpage on FAQs on New eServices.
- How do I identify an inspector from NEA/RPNSG?
All RPNSG officers performing on-site inspection will carry the NEA staff pass and an authority card which allows them to exercise the power and the duties as stated in the Radiation Protection Act and its subsidiary Regulations.
- How do I import or export irradiating apparatus without going through a local vendor or supplier?
A licence is required for the import or export of a consignment of irradiating apparatus and the licence should be applied through Singapore Customs’ TradeNet system. This is usually done by declaring agents which handle the Customs permit declaration of cargoes moving in and out of Singapore. If you are importing or exporting the irradiating apparatus without going through a local vendor or supplier (e.g. purchasing directly from overseas manufacturer, sale to overseas customer), you have to ensure that an N2 application has been submitted for the possession of the irradiating apparatus (for import) or that there is a valid N2 licence for the irradiating apparatus (for export). The declaring agents should indicate the N2 application/licence number in the permit declartion to facilitate the import or export.
For more information, please refer to the NEA webpage on How to Apply for Licence to Import or Export.
- I need more details about licence application. Where can I find it?
For more information, please prefer to the NEA webpage on Guidelines for Licence Application.
- Who can I contact for further details?
For licensing enquiries, please contact the Radiation Protection and Nuclear Science Group (RPNSG) of the National Environment Agency (NEA) via NEA's Online Feedback Form or myENV app.
$155 per irradiating apparatus
Perpetual (with recurring annual payment)
- The company must have a valid UEN.
- The company must comply with the Radiation Protection Act and its subsidiary Regulations.
- [For applications involving medical devices] Medical devices in Singapore are regulated by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) under the Health Products Act (HPA) and its subsidiary Regulations. Applicants intending to import, possess for sale or deal in radiation-emitting medical devices should check with the Medical Devices Branch (MDB) under HSA to ensure that the devices are registered and listed on the Singapore Medical Device Register (SMDR), or authorised by HSA, when submitting an application. For more information, please refer to the MDB/HSA website.
Certain types of radiation emitting equipment may only be possessed by medical and/or healthcare establishments, and may only be used by registered medical and healthcare professionals at places registered with the Ministry of Health.
- Any individual, who is engaged in or is employed for part or whole of the individual’s working time to do laser work, must have a valid N3 licence to use any laser under this application.
- NEA will inform the applicant if any additional information or documentation is required to support the application.