Apply for N3 - Licence to use lasers
National Environment Agency (NEA)
For Individual Users only
This licence is only for individuals with no Unique Entity Number (UEN).
Apply on GoBusiness Dashboard
- How do I pay for the licence fees?
Only e-Payment (e.g. VISA, MasterCard, and American Express), GIRO payment and Government e-invoicing will be accepted. Fees paid or submitted are non-refundable. For more information regarding payment method, please refer to the NEA webpage on Guidelines for Licence Application.
- How do I change the mailing / billing address or point of contact(s) (e.g. name, contact number and e-mail address) associated with my radiation licences?
Through the "Customer Profile and Worker Management eService" on NEA ePortal, radiation protection licensees, radiation workers and radiation service customers will be able to create, view and update customer profiles (e.g. update contact person details). Organisations or individuals can update the details within their customer profile at any time at no cost. You are strongly encouraged to ensure that customer profile details are kept up-to-date. For more information, please refer to NEA's webpage on FAQs on New eServices.
- Which clinic should I go to get the medical check-up done?
For N3 user licence, please bring the Medical Certificate Form for N3 Applications (MC-2) to an eye clinic and complete the medical eye examination. The ophthalmologist will complete the form before returning it to you. Please ensure that the doctor has indicated whether or not you are fit to engage in laser work after the form is returned to you. You are advised to keep a copy of the medical examination certificate for your own reference. No other forms of documentation or certification will be accepted in place of the medical form unless otherwise informed by NEA. The form can be downloaded from NEA's ePortal > Radiation Safety > Miscellaneous Forms > Medical Certificate Form for N3 Applications (MC-2).
- I need more details about licence application. Where can I find it?
For more information, please prefer to the NEA webpage on Guidelines for Licence Application.
- Who can I contact for further details?
For licensing enquiries, please contact the Radiation Protection and Nuclear Science Group (RPNSG) of the National Environment Agency (NEA) via NEA's Online Feedback Form or myENV app.
3 Months - $26.25
6 Months - $52.50
9 Months - $78.75
12 Months - $105
24 Months - $210
3, 6, 9, 12 or 24 months
- The company must have a valid UEN.
- The company must comply with the Radiation Protection Act and its subsidiary Regulations.
- Medical devices in Singapore are regulated by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) under the Health Products Act (HPA) and its subsidiary Regulations. Applicants intending to import, possess for sale or deal in radiation-emitting medical devices should check with the Medical Device Branch (MDB) under HSA to ensure that the devices are registered and listed on the Singapore Medical Device Register (SMDR), or authorised by HSA, when submitting an application. For more information, please refer to the MDB / HSA website. Certain types of radiation emitting equipment may only be possessed by medical and/or healthcare establishments, and may only be used by registered medical and healthcare professionals at places registered with the Ministry of Health.